So let's get down to business.
I started by cutting out my fabrics as usual and in the case of the skirt and petticoat fabrics, letting them hang over night to let the areas that are cut on the bias do what they will. If you don't do this, your bias cut areas will stretch out weirdly and your hem will be a wonky mess.
Next up, I cut out the lining for my coat and the coat itself. This is where I ended up inhaling more fiber dust then I would ever like. The coat is triple velvet and it sheds like a cat in spring.
Here are all the outer pieces of the coat laied out.
And a close up.
Here is the front of my lining on the Judy. The pieces flopped over the top are the Center front and facing linings for the coat which will be sewn to the rest of it later.
The back of my coat lining. You'll notice that the center back is shorter then the rest, this is because the jacket back will be made from cartridge pleats and will need no lining. (You can also just see the nearly finished skirt in the background behind the lining).
That is all for now! I promise more pictures later.