Thursday, 29 September 2016

Well.. that went faster then I thought.

I was worried i wouldn't be able to bead, embroider and finish my coat as well as make the leaf crown, belt and daggers in time for halcon in November.  Well, it took less time then I thought to finish the pocket flaps, add the lace details around the back and shoulders and bead it then I thought.

Also less beads. I bought WAY to many beads.

I had hoped to be further along, but along came a 24 hour flu and I slept for a day and a half. Still even with that, I managed to accomplish quite a bit!

I finished the pocket flaps while re-watching all of Voltron: Legendary Defender and then some of first season Young Justice. Which if you haven't watched, go watch both of them. They are awesome.
 I'll add the interfacing to the back of them and the lace covered lining for the underside this weekend and then they will be ready for attaching when the time comes.

Here is a close up with less washout due to flash.  The fabric is actually closer to the green pictured above. Fun fact: You do not have to be 100% healthy to embroider. It is mindless enough or something I guess, that I finished the last bit of it last night when I was sick.

This is the back lace detail. It doesn't look like much here, since this was taken while it was laying flat on my couch. This view would be from the neckline up to the waist. It took me 3 tries to fussy cut out the lace into a look I liked.  Good thing the lace was on sale, I bought what was left and I had a ton left over. I'm not usually that wasteful.

Again, a fabulous shot of my jacket on my couch, cat hair and all I think.  The lace works its way up from a point about 4cm above my actual waistline, broadens out over the back and shoulders, then wraps around to the center front.
I probably could have done more with the beads, but I didn't want to over do it. I actually keep worrying that I may already be over doing it, but then I look at the pictures in my copy of Historical Fashion in Detail: the 17th and 18th centuries, and it looks downright subdued.
(Also holy crow, that is not what I paid for this book O_O)

Anyway, with the stuff that I thought would take 100% more time done, I may have this coat mostly completed and ready to go by the end of the weekend.  Which gives me a month to make the crown, belt and daggers.

By Jove, I think I may just be able to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment