Saturday 12 November 2011

Cosmic fighter

The first of the costumes I made for the line, I made over the summer for myself to wear to Animartimes, a local anime (Japanese cartoons) convention in Moncton, NB.

I chose Sailor Cosmos, from the Sailor Moon Manga (Japanese comic book). She only shows up momentarily, but I loved her design.  Also the year 2011 is the 20th anniversary of the series, and that is pretty awesome. Official Japanese 20th anniversary website

I have yet to get some really good professional pictures done of the costume, but I intend to later and will post them up here.  I also may be tweaking some of the details on it, as I have since learned  new and better ways to accomplish the look I wanted.

This is the original art by the author Naoko Takeuchi.


And here is my quick concept art with notes sketch of how to pull this off:

No comments:

Post a Comment