Friday 22 June 2012

Oh wow!

Most people, other then ball jointed doll owners/collectors know who or what Bishonen House is.  They are an north american maker of ball jointed dolls.  It's two guys, Donn  does all the doll casting, and making work and his partner  makes the clothes.

What has this got to do with your fashion blog you are asking.

Well, before Donn got into dolls, he worked in movies (and might still, I'm not sure) he worked on the  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles puppets/costumes for the first TMNT movie. When he has time, he produces some of the most awesome Cosplay I've ever seen. I've met him in person and he is amazing.

My sister is acquainted with him, since he did a custom doll of Dream from the Sandman comics for her. On a recent post where he showed off progress pictures of his costume for Otakon she told him he should look at her sisters stuff.

Long story shot, he looked and he thinks my stuff is awesome and I am stupid excited by that.  I've been a fan of his for years and now he is watching me on Deviant Art and  actually said my work was awesome.

I'm so flattered! :D

3 comments:

  1. Pleased and proud! Auntie A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Bishonen Dolls are beautiful! YEAH! GEEK OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, you deserve the praise :)

    ReplyDelete