But I had work to be done and things to be sewn! So no deal bed, even though you look(ed) incredibly inviting.
So what did I do today? I worked on the Jedi costume more of course!
I drafted a pattern for the shoulder sash thing Mace Windu has here.
And I made a "cheater" obi belt to tie this costume closed. I say cheater, cause a real Obi is like 4 meters long, which is over-kill for this. So mine has grommets in the back for a closure. I made it out of the same brown (which I guess is really beige).
First I drafted a pattern. I measured the width of the Obi for my Yukata (a summer Kimono I picked up in Japan) which was a little more the 17cm wide, so I rounded it up to 18cm wide. And then made it the length of my clients waist measurement. This made me a nice long rectangle.
I then found some nice stiff fusible interfacing and did a test patch to make sure it would actually stick to my fabric and stay stuck to it, which it did. So I cut out two pieces:
I decided on two, because my Obi is rather stiff and I wanted a similar look for this one. So I chose to interface both pieces of my belt.
Which left me with a nice exciting brown fabric rectangle. Which I then marked for grommets with a grommet tool I picked up at a craft store.
And stuck in some grommets to tie this sucker closed with. This way if my client has any weight fluctuations, the costume can still fit.