Saturday 8 September 2012

"Remember, a Jedi can feel the Force flowing thru him"

(I got this quote off a website, I'm unsure on the grammar/spelling of it.)

And a Jedi appreciates the seams in his clothes being bound with Bias tape. Because Jedi like to have nice finishes in their clothes.
That'd be the armhole of the outer shirt. I bound the armhole seams of both it at the white shirt today just before I did the binding on the center front.

Which involved two (well four actually, 2 of each colour) very long strips of fabric, joined at the center back collar of the shirt and then sewn down and around the front edges.

I used a hem gauge to make sure the fold was even all the way around while I pinned it.  The white binding is half a centimeter longer then the brown to let the shirt show a bit above the edge. The white was 4.5 and the brown was 4. I probably could have gone bigger, but didn't want to over do it.


And here are the two shirts on a hanger,  all that is left is to hem the sleeves and bottom.  I tried it on, but being a girl and being the size that I am, this was many sizes too big for me and I looked like I was wearing giant poncho. :P

Tomorrow, (or) possibly later tonight, I'll make the belt and over sash and start on the outer robe.

No comments:

Post a Comment